October 11, 2016
FXCM Inc. (NASDAQ:FXCM) today announced certain key customer trading metrics for September 2016 for its retail and institutional foreign exchange business.
September 2016 Customer Trading Metrics from Continuing Operations
Retail Customer Trading Metrics
- Retail customer trading volume (2) of $324 billion in September 2016, 20% higher than August 2016 and 0.6% lower than September 2015.
- Average retail customer trading volume (2) per day of $14.7 billion in September 2016, 26% higher than August 2016 and 0.7% lower than September 2015.
- An average of 563,001 retail client trades per day in September 2016, 14% higher than August 2016 and 0.3% lower than September 2015.
- Volume from indirect sources was 38% of total retail volume (2) in the third quarter 2016.
- Retail customer trading volume (2) for the third quarter 2016 was $875 billion, 4% higher than the second quarter 2016, and 10% lower than the third quarter 2015.
- Active accounts (3) of 177,818 as of September 30, 2016, an increase of 2,061, or 1%, from August 31, 2016, and a decrease of 2,303, or 1%, from September 30, 2015.
- Tradeable accounts (4) of 155,067 as of September 30, 2016, a decrease of 18,381, or 11%, from August 31, 2016, and a decrease of 5,283, or 3%, from September 30, 2015.
Retail Tradeable Accounts declined 11% which was mainly driven by the accounts removed due to the dormancy fee charged to clients on September 30, 2016. If dormancy fees were not charged, Tradeable accounts would have decreased by 1,068 accounts or 0.6% in September 30, 2016 when compared to August 31, 2016.
Institutional Customer Trading Metrics
- Institutional customer trading volume of $29 billion in September 2016, 12% higher than August 2016 and 38% lower than September 2015.
- Average institutional trading volume per day of $1.3 billion in September 2016, 18% higher than August 2016 and 38% lower than September 2015.
- An average of 41,397 institutional client trades per day in September 2016, 12% higher than August 2016 and 39% higher than September 2015.
- Institutional customer trading volume for the third quarter 2016 was $96 billion, 47% lower than the second quarter 2016, and 27% lower than the third quarter 2015.
More information, including historical results for each of the above metrics, can be found on the investor relations page of FXCM's corporate website www.fxcm.com.
This operating data is preliminary and subject to revision and should not be taken as an indication of the financial performance of FXCM Inc. FXCM undertakes no obligation to publicly update or review previously reported operating data. Any updates to previously reported operating data will be reflected in the historical operating data that can be found on the Investor Relations page of the Company's corporate website www.fxcm.com.
January 24, 2017
Congratulations to Mohammad Agus Soleh Kafabillah, the winner of the Get BMW X3 promotion! On the 19th of January, 2016 Mr. Mohammad has received his prize, premium and absolutely unique BMW X3 in Jakarta, Indonesia. A prize worth any gentleman...
January 23, 2017
In November 2016, the #FXTMbasejump project concluded with Red Bull athlete, Valery Rozov, conquering a world-record in BASE jumping. The jump was performed from mount Cho Oyu in China at 7700metres, following a series of trainings and expeditions in various countries around the world.
January 23, 2017
FXTM would like to inform its clients that in observance of Australia Day in Australia our trading schedule will be subject to change on Thursday, January 26th, 2017...