FXTM’s VP of Corporate Development and Market Research, Jameel Ahmad, recently concluded a new media tour in Malaysia – providing expert market insights in a country with a rapidly-developing economy. At the end of November, Jameel took part in a roundtable discussion and a series of one-to-one interviews and television appearances, with most of the topics concentrating on the state of the Ringgit amidst global political developments.
Discussing the markets with some of Malaysia’s most popular financial media outlets – among them Capital TV, Bernama TV, BFM, Sin Chew Daily, The Edge TV, The Sun and Business Today – Jameel represented the FXTM brand and shared his expertise on topics that are currently making the biggest headlines.
Highlights of the topics covered include:
- The state of the declining Ringgit. With the currency hit hard after the US elections, all local journalists wanted Jameel’s take on Ringgit’s weakness against the Dollar.
- Predicting whether the Federal Reserve will be raising interest rates in December
- The current uncertainty looming over Europe’s political climate
- The consequences of the surprising OPEC deal
- A look toward 2017 and what the markets have in store, especially with regards to the Ringgit
Watch Jameel’s TV appearances below:
- Capital TV
- Ringgit Sense
- Read a few of the articles featuring Jameel’s insights:
- Bernama: Malaysian Economy May Expand Above 4 Per Cent In 2017
- The Edge Markets: Ringgit may end the year at 4.60 against US dollar, says Forex Time