25 May, 2015
First, a few words about the forecast for the past week. We then regarded with suspicion the analysts’ opinions that unanimously predicted growth for all four pairs, and our doubts were justified:
- taking into account graphical analysis and an almost complete Inverted Hat pattern, it was suggested that on drawing the second brim of the hat, EUR/USD would sharply go downwards to 1.1070, which happened in fact;
- the forecast for GBP/USD was also fulfilled 100%. The pair predictably bounced off the upper boundary of the corridor and finished near the corridor’s lowest mark – 1.5500;
- over the last few months it was often said that USD/JPY would try to reach the height of 122.00. However, all that time the pair couldn’t pass the level of 120.50. Finally, the long awaited breakthrough happened, and the pair almost reached the coveted peak, finishing the week at 121.55;
- considering USD/CHF movements, we predicted a rise to at least 0.9290-0.9380. The pair quickly completed the set task and between Tuesday and Friday it remained in this corridor. Only at the end of the week did the pair move further up, taking after the US Consumer Price Index.
Now regarding the forecast for the coming week. Generalizing the opinions of 35 analysts from world leading banks and broker companies, as well as forecasts based on different methods of technical and graphical analysis, the following can be said:
- it very well may be that EUR/USD’s story with the second brim of the Inverted Hat isn’t over yet. Judging by the experts’ opinions (↑ – 42%, → – 6%, ↓ – 52%), it can’t be ruled out that the pair will go up, although almost all the indicators point towards its fall (↑ – 9%, → – 9%, ↓ – 82%). The level of 1.1000 may become a very strong support for the pair, from which it will move upwards. If the pair manages to overcome the resistance around 1.1110, it will enter into a sideways trend of 1.1110-1.1400 and continue to draw the hat pattern. On the other hand, if the indicators are right and EUR/USD, having broken through the support at 1.1000, goes down, it may reach the zone of 1.0660-1.0800;
- GBP/USD also appears to have reached a strong support level of 1.5500. The analysts each have their own opinion (↑ – 38%, → – 32%, ↓ – 30%), so do the indicators – on the H4 timeframe the consensus is for a downward movement, on D1 – for a rise. Thus, we’ll venture to suggest that in the next few days the pair will be fluctuating in the 1.5500-1.5800 range;
- the opinions of the experts also diverge regarding the future of the USD/JPY pair (↑ – 38%, → – 12%, ↓ – 50%). The indicators, however, are clearly on the side of the bulls (↑ – 91%, → – 9%, ↓ – 0%), which most probably will rely on the support of 120.70 and push the pair up to 122.00. The second strong support level will be 120.20;
- a strong inverse correlation between USD/CHF and EUR/USD has been mentioned repeatedly in the forecasts, which is why there are two possible scenarios for USD/CHF: the first is a rise to a very strong resistance level of 0.9500 followed by a rebound downwards; the second is a fall starting already on Monday. In this case, support will be at the levels of 0.9370 (weak) and 0.9300 (main).
Roman Butko, NordFX
First, a review of last week's forecast, which for all four pairs may be considered if not 100%, but at least 90% fulfilled: all three variants of the forecast for EUR/USD, suggested by the experts last week...
First, a review of last week's forecast: the forecast for EUR/USD reckoned that having rebounded from the support of 1.1100, the pair would go up to the resistance of 1.1230, and if it was broken through, the pair could heave upwards by further 100 points up to the level of 1.1330...
First, a review of last week's forecast: the forecast for EUR/USD reckoned that early in the week the pair could tick up to the level of 1.1130, and if it was broken through - it would go up to 1.1170...
First, a review of last week's forecast: as to EUR/USD, the pair met expectations of both those experts supporting its rise to the area of 1.1250 and those predicting that the pair would start going south...
First, a review of last week's forecast:as to EUR/USD one alternative forecast suggested that the pair would move in a sideways channel with the support of 0.9550 and the pivot point of 1.1000...
First, a review of last week's forecast: as to EUR/USD, the majority of experts believed that the pair would continue moving in a sideways channel. This prediction may be deemed as panned out, if we consider the month range of 1.0970 - 1.1180...
As to EUR/USD, the forecast for this pair may be considered only partly fulfilled - the experts reckoned that the pair would move in a sideways channel, but only after its sliding down...
First, a review of last week's forecast: as to EUR/USD, the forecast for this pair may be considered as 100% fulfilled...
First, a review of last week's forecast: â€“ as to EUR/USD, those 20% of analysts, suggesting the gradual rise of the pair, alike the rise of USD/CHF after the ˜Black Thursday...
|8||Fort Financial Services||67%|