10 August, 2015
First, a few words about the forecast for the previous week:
- the predictions for EUR/USD panned out. According to the forecast, the pair was to maintain a sideways trend, oscillating around the 1.0970 Pivot Point. Support was set around 1.0820. Throughout the week, the bears repeatedly pressed the pair down to that level but gave up after a few failed attempts to break through it. So the pair finished the week at a 1.0960-1.0970 Pivot Point;
- the sideways trend predicted for GBP/USD lasted only until Thursday. By the end of the week, the pair managed to break through the support around 1.5510-1.5520 and fell briefly, hitting the bottom at 1.5425;
- the indicators and 11% of the experts were correct about USD/JPY. The former predicted that the pair would start going up right away on Monday while the latter claimed that the pair would reach 125.00 as a result of such movement. Then, according to graphical analysis, the pair was supposed to crash sharply, and it did on Friday on the news from the USA, reaching a strong support level at 124.15;
- almost all the indicators predicted that USD/CHF would rise to around 0.9730-0.9750, and the pair not only made it to that level but actually surpassed it by 100 points.
Forecast for the upcoming week. Summarizing the opinions of 35 analysts from the world leading banks and broker companies as well as forecasts based on a large variety of methods of technical and graphical analysis, the following can be said:
- regarding EUR/USD, 36% of the experts believe that the pair will drop to 1.0800 while another 45% say that the pair will break this barrier and go further down to 1.0650-1.0700 support. The indicators on D1 concur. The remaining 19% of the experts and the indicators on H4 insist on a further short-term upward trend to 1.1000-1.1050, after which the direction of the pair’s movement should change;
- most analysts and the indicators predict that GBP/USD will fall further and transition into a 1.5340-1.5400 zone. At the same time, while in agreement with this, graphical analysis elaborates that before falling, GBP/USD will stay in a 1.5460-1.5540 sideways corridor for some time and try to break through resistance in order to reach 1.5800. Even if it happens, the bulls shouldn’t celebrate as the pair will go down sharply in 2-3 days anyway;
- the USD/JPY pair is very likely to try to reach its June high and even surpass it slightly by reaching 126.00. After this, according to graphical analysis, the pair will be moving sideways within a 124.15-125.80 range and step up efforts to go down to a 122.50 support level;
- the experts, the indicators and graphical analysis agree that USD/CHF will enter a sideways trend with a 0.9840 Pivot Point. The bulls, on the other hand, will not cease their attempts to reach a 1.0000 hallmark, even though the main resistance level for this week will be 0.9900. Support will be at 0.9800 and 0.9710.
Roman Butko, NordFX
First, a review of last week's forecast, which for all four pairs may be considered if not 100%, but at least 90% fulfilled: all three variants of the forecast for EUR/USD, suggested by the experts last week...
First, a review of last week's forecast: the forecast for EUR/USD reckoned that having rebounded from the support of 1.1100, the pair would go up to the resistance of 1.1230, and if it was broken through, the pair could heave upwards by further 100 points up to the level of 1.1330...
First, a review of last week's forecast: the forecast for EUR/USD reckoned that early in the week the pair could tick up to the level of 1.1130, and if it was broken through - it would go up to 1.1170...
First, a review of last week's forecast: as to EUR/USD, the pair met expectations of both those experts supporting its rise to the area of 1.1250 and those predicting that the pair would start going south...
First, a review of last week's forecast:as to EUR/USD one alternative forecast suggested that the pair would move in a sideways channel with the support of 0.9550 and the pivot point of 1.1000...
First, a review of last week's forecast: as to EUR/USD, the majority of experts believed that the pair would continue moving in a sideways channel. This prediction may be deemed as panned out, if we consider the month range of 1.0970 - 1.1180...
As to EUR/USD, the forecast for this pair may be considered only partly fulfilled - the experts reckoned that the pair would move in a sideways channel, but only after its sliding down...
First, a review of last week's forecast: as to EUR/USD, the forecast for this pair may be considered as 100% fulfilled...
First, a review of last week's forecast: â€“ as to EUR/USD, those 20% of analysts, suggesting the gradual rise of the pair, alike the rise of USD/CHF after the ˜Black Thursday...
|8||Fort Financial Services||67%|