Forex Forecast for 14-18 September 2015

September 14, 2015

First, a few words about last week’s forecast:

- the two-week-old prediction about EUR/USD’s upward drive panned out. In line with the forecast made seven days ago, the pair tried to hold in its sideways trend for some time but then the bulls got a distinct advantage and, instead of falling, the pair shot upwards, first turning the 1.1140 Pivot Point into support and then leaving it far behind altogether;

- a possible scenario for GBP/USD was a bounce to the upper boundary of the descending corridor, breaking through it and rising to around 1.5325, which actually happened. The surge was so big that the indicated level turned into support. The pair bounced off it and went further up on Wednesday;

- the forecast for USD/JPY was fulfilled 100%. After rebounding from the bottom boundary of the three-week-old horizontal corridor, the pair immediately went up and finished the five days exactly where expected – around 120.50;

- both indicators and experts turned out to be correct about USD/CHF’s upward strive.  The key support level was set at 0.9680. While leaning on it, the pair managed to reach 0.9820 twice mid-week, after which it returned to its initial position.

Forecast for the coming week.

Summarizing the opinions of 35 analysts from world leading banks and broker companies as well as forecasts based on different methods of technical and graphical analysis, the following can be said:

- it appears impossible to make a clear forecast about EUR/USD this week. Thus, 45% of the analysts, the indicators on H4 and D1 and graphical analysis on H1 insist on the pair’s further rise at least to strong resistance around 1.1450. The remaining 55% of the experts predict a fall to 1.1100 or even lower to 1.1000. It looks like next week one of these scenarios will play out – either the pair rises to the mentioned level of resistance and rebounds downwards, or it just falls. The start of the week is most likely to unveil which scenario will come true;

- a similar scenario can be foreseen for the GBP/USD pair. According to 60% of the analysts and graphical analysis on all the main timeframes, a 1.5480-1.5500 range will present very strong resistance and GBP/USD won’t be able to overcome it despite all its efforts. Therefore, in the next few days, the pair is expected to fall to 1.5335, then rebound to 1.5420 and finally reach last week’s low around 1.5170. An alternative point of view suggests a continuation of the ascending corridor and the pair’s rise to 1.5680;

- the indicators and 66% of the experts predict that USD/JPY will stay in its 3-week-old sideways trend with fluctuations around a 120.60 Pivot Point. Graphical analysis on H1, H4 and D1 doesn’t offer any forecasts, which confirms the prediction of the sideways movement. The main support will be around 118.60, with resistance around 121.40. However, 34% of the analysts point out that the pair may return to the area above 123.00;

- most analysts, indicators and graphical analysis on D1 continue to insist on the pair’s drive to reach the landmark of 1.0000. The nearest target is to consolidate in a 0.9800-0.9900 range. As before, support will be around 0.9680, with the next level 100 points lower.

Roman Butko, NordFX

Publication source
NordFX information  NordFX reviews

September 30, 2016
Euro continues to trade sideways inside a 100pips range
Looking at the hourly chart, the pair still fighting to overtake 1.1235 barrier, which is considered as the near-term resistance for the single currency...
September 29, 2016
Will Brexit be more painful for Europe rather than for the UK?
The risk is increasing on the market ahead OPEC meeting in Algiers and Yellen testimonial, which will happen before the House panel. FED-fueled rally on gold starts to fizzle out as the December futures keep on a losing streak for a second day, finally dipping by 0.12% to 1,328.75...
September 28, 2016
US presidential debate moves unwind
The market’s initial response to the US presidential election debate overnight was a clear sigh of relief. The Mexican Peso, which had hit a record low against the dollar just the day before, surged higher, as too did the Canadian dollar...

Tickmill Rating
Fort Financial Services Rating
XM Rating
Grand Capital Rating
Larson&Holz IT Ltd Rating
FXCM Rating

OptionsXO Rating
TopOption Rating
Empire Option Rating
EZTrader Rating
TropicalTrade Rating
OptionBit Rating