5 October, 2015
First, a review of the previous week:
- this time round, the forecast for EUR/USD given by graphical analysis panned out – first, the pair was to go down to 1.1120 and then return to resistance at 1.1210, which happened. After that, the pair moved sideways, turning 1.1210 into a Pivot Point where it finished the week;
- those 80% of the analysts who said that GBP/USD had already reached its low were right. Despite all the efforts by the bulls, a rebound didn’t occur. Instead, the pair followed the predictions of graphical analysis and stayed in a sideways trend all of the last week;
- in line with the forecast of the 12% of the analysts and the indicators on D1, USD/JPY continued its sideways trend. Besides, the D1 chart clearly shows that, after descending from a double top to last spring’s levels and reducing its volatility, USD/JPY formed an almost perfect pennant (or a symmetrical triangle) over the last 6 weeks;
- one of the forecasts for USD/CHF claimed that the pair would continue its sideways movement, which did happen. At the same time, as predicted, support was at 0.9670 (the pair’s main support level for the past 4 weeks). The other mentioned level 0.9740 served as a Pivot Point.
Forecast for the coming week.
Summarizing the views of several dozen analysts from world leading banks and broker companies as well as forecasts based on various methods of technical and graphical analysis, the following can be proposed:
- both analysts and indicators predict that EUR/USD will stay in its sideways trend. The bottom boundaries are set at 1.1100 and 1.1000. Resistance is likely to be at 1.1300 and 1.4600;
- most experts believe that GBP/USD will also be moving horizontally. The main support level will be at 1.5100, with the main resistance around 1.5300. Graphical analysis on H4, in turn, shows that the pair may bounce higher to around 1.5360, as it happened 8 and 9 September. Alternatively, 17% of the analysts don’t rule out that 1.5100 is still not the bottom and the pair may drop even lower to 1.1470;
- considering that USD/JPY has formed an absolutely symmetrical triangle on D1, the indicators continue to point to a sideways trend. However, the W1 timeframe shows that the triangle isn’t that symmetrical but rather ascending. This pattern is usually indicative of an upward breakout, and 70% of the experts agree with it, believing that the pair should reach at least 122.00 in the long run. The main support remains at 118.50;
- regarding USD/CHF, the lows of 24 August, 18 September and 2 October allow drawing a bullish support line. This is corroborated by 67% of the analysts and indicators on W1 – in the medium term, the bulls will maintain advantage and the pair will be moving up to 0.9900. At the same time, indicators on D1 suggest that the pair will stay in a horizontal trend with a 0.9740 Pivot Point for another week.
Roman Butko, NordFX
First, a review of last week's forecast, which for all four pairs may be considered if not 100%, but at least 90% fulfilled: all three variants of the forecast for EUR/USD, suggested by the experts last week...
First, a review of last week's forecast: the forecast for EUR/USD reckoned that having rebounded from the support of 1.1100, the pair would go up to the resistance of 1.1230, and if it was broken through, the pair could heave upwards by further 100 points up to the level of 1.1330...
First, a review of last week's forecast: the forecast for EUR/USD reckoned that early in the week the pair could tick up to the level of 1.1130, and if it was broken through - it would go up to 1.1170...
First, a review of last week's forecast: as to EUR/USD, the pair met expectations of both those experts supporting its rise to the area of 1.1250 and those predicting that the pair would start going south...
First, a review of last week's forecast:as to EUR/USD one alternative forecast suggested that the pair would move in a sideways channel with the support of 0.9550 and the pivot point of 1.1000...
First, a review of last week's forecast: as to EUR/USD, the majority of experts believed that the pair would continue moving in a sideways channel. This prediction may be deemed as panned out, if we consider the month range of 1.0970 - 1.1180...
As to EUR/USD, the forecast for this pair may be considered only partly fulfilled - the experts reckoned that the pair would move in a sideways channel, but only after its sliding down...
First, a review of last week's forecast: as to EUR/USD, the forecast for this pair may be considered as 100% fulfilled...
First, a review of last week's forecast: â€“ as to EUR/USD, those 20% of analysts, suggesting the gradual rise of the pair, alike the rise of USD/CHF after the ˜Black Thursday...
|8||Fort Financial Services||67%|