21 December, 2015
First, a review of last week’s forecast:
- the scenario for EUR/USD, backed by most analysts and the minority of the indicators, started to pan out. The pair spent some time in a sideways trend, broke through support at 1.0900 and went down. However, that movement was more sluggish than expected, and the pair didn’t reach support at 1.0700, stopping 150 points higher;
- the experts suggested that GBP/USD would be moving in a sideways channel of 1.4900-1.5250. It did happen – the pair pushed off the top boundary of the channel on Monday, went down decisively and came to a standstill at the bottom boundary of 1.4893 Friday night;
- the analysts were right about USD/JPY. In their opinion, the level of 120.00 was supposed to become very strong support, pushing off which the pair was to surge to resistance at 122.20 and then to 123.20. The latter level was reached on Friday thanks to the Bank of Japan's decision about its interest rate;
- there were varied opinions regarding USD/CHF again – some experts and indicators voted for a rise while others for a fall. The pair did just that – first, it went up a little, then dropped, then rose again and ended up 100 points higher in one week, although it doesn’t qualify yet as a full-on upward reversal.
Forecast for the upcoming week.
Summarizing the opinions of analysts from world leading banks and broker companies as well as forecasts based on different methods of technical and graphical analysis, the following can be put forward:
- most experts, with the indicators staying neutral, continue to insist on EUR/USD’s return to the values of the second half of November. At the same time, graphical analysis on H4 elaborates that the pair may first try to break resistance at 1.0900 but after one or two unsuccessful attempts it will go down to support at 1.0700. The next support is 100 points lower;
- as for GBP/USD, all indicators clearly point downward. Being aware of the upcoming Christmas holidays unlike the indicators, the analysts predict the pair will transition into a sideways trend in the range of 1.4680-1.5000 with a 1.4890 pivot point. Graphical analysis on D1 supports them and indicates further bearish sentiment;
- the experts and graphical analysis on H4 reckon that USD/JPY will move sideways within 120.30-122.20. At the same time, the indicators on H4 and D1 point to the bears’ upper hand and insist that the pair won’t be able to break even the first resistance at 121.70;
- the general forecast for USD/CHF remains the same – back to around 1.0000. The experts, the indicators on D1 and graphical analysis agree with this. The immediate target is resistance at 1.0100. The next resistance is around 1.0150, support remains at 0.9800.
Roman Butko, NordFX
First, a review of last week's forecast, which for all four pairs may be considered if not 100%, but at least 90% fulfilled: all three variants of the forecast for EUR/USD, suggested by the experts last week...
First, a review of last week's forecast: the forecast for EUR/USD reckoned that having rebounded from the support of 1.1100, the pair would go up to the resistance of 1.1230, and if it was broken through, the pair could heave upwards by further 100 points up to the level of 1.1330...
First, a review of last week's forecast: the forecast for EUR/USD reckoned that early in the week the pair could tick up to the level of 1.1130, and if it was broken through - it would go up to 1.1170...
First, a review of last week's forecast: as to EUR/USD, the pair met expectations of both those experts supporting its rise to the area of 1.1250 and those predicting that the pair would start going south...
First, a review of last week's forecast:as to EUR/USD one alternative forecast suggested that the pair would move in a sideways channel with the support of 0.9550 and the pivot point of 1.1000...
First, a review of last week's forecast: as to EUR/USD, the majority of experts believed that the pair would continue moving in a sideways channel. This prediction may be deemed as panned out, if we consider the month range of 1.0970 - 1.1180...
As to EUR/USD, the forecast for this pair may be considered only partly fulfilled - the experts reckoned that the pair would move in a sideways channel, but only after its sliding down...
First, a review of last week's forecast: as to EUR/USD, the forecast for this pair may be considered as 100% fulfilled...
First, a review of last week's forecast: â€“ as to EUR/USD, those 20% of analysts, suggesting the gradual rise of the pair, alike the rise of USD/CHF after the ˜Black Thursday...