27 January, 2016
We are glad to present our interview with the winner of Round 36 of our regular Future Trade contest which took place on 4-8 of January 2016. The winner Andriy Odvak, who received $1000 for demo trading has agreed to answer our questions and share his thoughts about the contest and the strategy which helped him overcome all other contestants.
Andriy, why did you choose a futures contest while the majority of traders prefer currency pairs to trade with?
- Yes, you are right, the majority prefers currency pairs and I am one of them. But I always want to try something new, so this contest was an ideal chance to try myself in trading futures.
Why did you choose Grand Capital from all the brokers out there?
- Grand Capital offers a wide selection of trading instruments, good trading conditions and holds many contests.
What CFD instruments to you usually trade with?
- To be honest, I never trade futures on my real accounts. In the contest I used MINI RUSSEL as it is quite volatile.
What trading strategy do you consider to be the most successful?
- I don't follow any trading strategy. But I study wave analysis and use this knowledge to trade on my real and contest accounts.
Was it your first time to participate in the contest?
- I've participated in the contest several times, but only this round turned out to be successful for me.
Share your contest experience with us - was it hard to compete with other contestants? What do you think brought you the victory?
- I guess I could call the round a bit tough. To be honest, it was hard to locate my exact position as traders' funds and trades are not displayed in the rating, but as soon as the round ended it all became clear. As I said before I chose MINI RUSSEL and opened a short position. The price then decreased a lot which allowed me to close with the biggest profit.
Are you planning to participate in other contests offered by Grand Capital? If yes, which ones?
- Yes, I will keep participating in the company's contests. I think that demo contests give you a chance to get good trading experience without risking your own money.
What would you say to future participants of the Future Trade contest?
- I would advise them to find their futures and follow the trend
and, of course, Good Luck!
Future Trade contest is one of the regular Grand Capital demo contests and is held on every first week of the month. You don't need any investments to participate in the contest. During the whole week, trading with deposit of $10 000 on a demo account you need to get the highest profit and then the main prize of $1000 will be in your hands.
In the beginning of February we launched a photo contest on our official Facebook page. For the past three weeks our Facebook fans had been sharing their perspective...
Meet the newest winners of Grand Capital’s regular contests. Yevgeny Voloboyev shared his experience with Micro Trade, Viktoria Lebedeva...
Grand Capital launches another exciting creative contests for all Facebook followers. This time we offer everyone to reflect...
I teach at medical school, and I've been trading a bit over two years. Now Forex is becoming more and more popular here in Kenya...
It is often thought that it’s better to invent something new and unique than to borrow ideas. But usually such claims are only good in theory...
A life of a trader is always a series of ups and downs which change as fast as asset quotes. Vitaly Durgaev, the winner of round 176 of Rally Trade contest told us why he loves trading and what it takes to become a professional trader...
My top-5 favorite currencies are: EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCAD, XAUUSD, and USDTRY. As per strategies, I am quite loyal to scalping as it is comparatively safe and gives you some space for maneuvers...
After a long break we are resuming our traditional Prediction contest that once was so popular among our Facebook fans. From 21st to 29th of September we will be following the gold troy ounce quote...
While some prefer to rely on luck and others on hard work, there are some who believe in talent. But is trading really for just anyone or there are some obstacles...
|6||Fort Financial Services||77%|