11 February, 2016
Self-discipline and accurate market assessment. That’s what it takes to enter the hall of fame of the fastest demo-contest Grand Capital has to offer – “Drag Trade”. Trader from Russia Andrey Smolin proved that he deserves the first place beating all the other contestants in round 301. Read the interview to find out how:
Once again, congratulations to the winner!
How long have you been trading with Grand Capital and what Grand Capital services do you use most often?
- I’ve known Grand Capital for quite a while. My favorite service is, without a doubt, demo contests, because I never stop looking for the new profitable trading strategies and the opportunity to receive a real prize for trading demo is a nice addition to that.
Why did you choose to participate in Drag Trade contest?
- I like the contest because it only lasts for an hour and is suitable for short-term strategies I’m now working on.
What trading instruments do you prefer?
- As the majority of traders out there I prefer currency pairs. In the contest I traded CADJPY simply because I have a lot of experience trading that pair.
What trading strategy do you consider to be the most successful?
- It is hard to name just one, because one shoe doesn’t fit all. Every trader should choose the strategy depending on his or her personal qualities, such as self-discipline and the depth of market knowledge. As for me, I think that short term strategies work the best for my personality and my victory proved that.
Tell us a bit about the contest. I think that many of us want to know what your success factor was.
- It is a difficult question as I can’t compare my trades with the trades of other contestants. I can only say that I opened just two trades during the contest. It's just that I was really familiar with the pair I traded and increased the trade volume at the right moment. As a result, I managed to increase my initial deposit by about 40% and ended the round with the highest account balance.
Are you planning to participate in other contests of Grand Capital?
- Yes, I’ll go for Rally Trade next.
What would you recommend to those traders who haven’t yet participated in Grand Capital contests?
To those who are determined to win I would recommend to pick an instrument you are really familiar with. If you are a novice, then don’t be afraid of contests because contest account is a great way to practice a new strategy without losing own money.
And good luck to all the traders out there!
Drag Trade contest is one of the regular contests held by Grand Capital. Participation in all demo contests is free. Just receive the highest profit trading on demo account with initial deposit of $100 000 and become the next winner!
On the 24th of February Grand Capital, together with our partners from Wealth for Life, are going to host a seminar in Klerksdorp, the largest city in North...
Grand Capital will hold a new contest for partners Big team, which will take place between the 1st and the 28th of February 2018. All new and existing...
In our new interview round-up read about the winners of Drag Trade, Future Trade and Rally Trade. This time the winners are quite an...
The winner of the 392nd round of Drag Trade lives in India, works as a mechatronics engineer and has been trading on financial markets for about five years...
Grand Capital will participate in Money Fair expo in Shanghai from the 1st to the 3rd of December. Money Fair is the largest financial expo...
On the 15th of November, Grand Capital CEO Stanislav Vaneev, together with UpTrader, a software provider and our partner, will participate...
Meet two winners of Rally Trade and one winner of Micro Trade in our new interview round-up. We think it’s very reasonable to learn from others...
Among the recent contest winners are a water supply company employee, yoga teacher and a future Master of Laws in Taxation. The common theme...
Grand Capital participated in Investment and Finance Expo, one of China's largest financial expos that took place in Guangzhou. During the expo award ceremony..
|8||Fort Financial Services||66%|