11 February, 2016
Self-discipline and accurate market assessment. That’s what it takes to enter the hall of fame of the fastest demo-contest Grand Capital has to offer – “Drag Trade”. Trader from Russia Andrey Smolin proved that he deserves the first place beating all the other contestants in round 301. Read the interview to find out how:
Once again, congratulations to the winner!
How long have you been trading with Grand Capital and what Grand Capital services do you use most often?
- I’ve known Grand Capital for quite a while. My favorite service is, without a doubt, demo contests, because I never stop looking for the new profitable trading strategies and the opportunity to receive a real prize for trading demo is a nice addition to that.
Why did you choose to participate in Drag Trade contest?
- I like the contest because it only lasts for an hour and is suitable for short-term strategies I’m now working on.
What trading instruments do you prefer?
- As the majority of traders out there I prefer currency pairs. In the contest I traded CADJPY simply because I have a lot of experience trading that pair.
What trading strategy do you consider to be the most successful?
- It is hard to name just one, because one shoe doesn’t fit all. Every trader should choose the strategy depending on his or her personal qualities, such as self-discipline and the depth of market knowledge. As for me, I think that short term strategies work the best for my personality and my victory proved that.
Tell us a bit about the contest. I think that many of us want to know what your success factor was.
- It is a difficult question as I can’t compare my trades with the trades of other contestants. I can only say that I opened just two trades during the contest. It's just that I was really familiar with the pair I traded and increased the trade volume at the right moment. As a result, I managed to increase my initial deposit by about 40% and ended the round with the highest account balance.
Are you planning to participate in other contests of Grand Capital?
- Yes, I’ll go for Rally Trade next.
What would you recommend to those traders who haven’t yet participated in Grand Capital contests?
To those who are determined to win I would recommend to pick an instrument you are really familiar with. If you are a novice, then don’t be afraid of contests because contest account is a great way to practice a new strategy without losing own money.
And good luck to all the traders out there!
Drag Trade contest is one of the regular contests held by Grand Capital. Participation in all demo contests is free. Just receive the highest profit trading on demo account with initial deposit of $100 000 and become the next winner!
In today's interview round-up meet the new winners of Drag Trade and Rally Trade contests and read the inspiring story of Rustam Pak from Indonesia. He started...
From June 14th to July 15th, 2018, Grand Capital holds a World Cup-themed promotion 'Gather Your Team'. We invite traders who are partial...
The winner of the 421st round of Drag Trade, Denis Nemchinov is a trader with 14 years of experience. He told us how he had learned trading and why...
Traditionally, iFX Expo has always been attracting the leading financial companies. Just like a year ago, we participated in the expo together with our...
We think that it is important for traders to learn from their own mistakes and for that reason we asked our contest winners to share their most cringing mistakes...
Every year FXDailyinfo holds an online vote to determine the best Forex and Binary Options brokers. FXDailyinfo has been nominating Grand...
Our new contest winners share their advice on how to avoid making the same mistakes over and over again...
Our new interview round-up features winners of Rally Trade, Drag Trade and Future Trade. The winners of our contests often share their...
Grand Capital with partners held a business expo titled “Truth vs. Myth About Forex” in Klerksdorp, the largest city in North West Province in South Africa...