4 March, 2016
Any trader knows that trading on news or at the end of the month is a one risky endeavor. The price is changing fast in both ways and such level of volatility requires making tough decisions. It is exactly the strategy that was chosen by the winner of round 305 of our Drag Trade contest. Read all the details in the interview:
Yuri, congratulations once again! Let’s start with our traditional question: Why did you choose Grand Capital as your broker?
- The first time I encountered Grand Capital was in internet. I saw a banner with a promotion (don’t remember which one), clicked on it and stayed. It happened at the time when I was thinking of changing my broker, that’s why I decided to stay and trade for a while to test the broker. Quick execution and no slippage were among the main reasons why I stayed with Grand Capital.
Why did you choose Drag Trade Contest from all the other contests offered by Grand Capital?
- I liked the contest because it is fast and it is quite easy to participate – you just need to register and open a demo account.
Most of the trades in the contest were performed using USDZAR. It is not really a regular choice of the most of the traders out there, because South African Rand is considered to be an exotic currency which means, that it is not that easy to develop a certain strategy for it. Why did you chose this pair for the contest?
- You are wright, it is not a standard trading instrument. Actually, I don’t know the pair that well – I’ve just started learning it. Mainly I trade standard assets: EURUSD, GBPUSD and sometimes Gold. As for the contest, I only made one trade with EURUSD and then shifted to USDZAR and I wasn’t mistaken.
Did you follow a certain strategy in the contest? Which trading strategy do you consider to be the most successful?
- I really favor technical analysis. I trade based on support and resistance levels. To be frank, it is all strategy that I have. As per the contest, I was trading re-test of resistance breakout. And once the impulse was there, I just placed buy order by market with maximum volume
Please share your thought about the round – was the trading tough and what was your success factor?
- I really liked the contest. I was really worried, especially right before the round end. There was a rising trend and I just was Buying with the whole deposit. It was super risky, but I was lucky and I caught a strong movement on USDZAR. There was a lot of adrenaline in my system, despite the fact that the contest is held on demo accounts.
What would you wish to those who haven’t yet participated in the contest?
- To all the future contestants I which lots of luck, more profit and patience!
Success is a relative notion. Someone would be discouraged by failure and stop acting entirely, but others would find new opportunities...
Most of our traders are self-taught. Before starting to trade, they had to absorb a lot of information. But they kept going towards their goal...
There's a curious pattern in trading. Those whose trades turn out not as good as they planned tend to blame unfortunate circumstances...
Our latest interview round-up features traders who, having accumulated vast experience by the method of trial and error, give useful pieces of advice to beginners...
It's quite possible to successfully engage in investing while combining it with your main occupation. Learn how a farmer from Iraq, a factory...
Grand Capital Financial Business Expo took place in Windhoek on March 2, 2019. The event was dedicated to the promotion of financial literacy...
We've been noticing lately that our traders tend more and more to study online. Social media and YouTube are surpassing classroom education...
We continue to organize financial and Forex-themed events in Africa. Come to Grand Capital Financial Business Expo in Johannesburg, South Africa...
Our regular prediction contest is more difficult this time, while the prize has been tripled! Head over to our Facebook page to take part in our contest...
|Forex Advisor||Yield per annum, %|
|6||WallStreet Forex Robot 2.0 Evolution||85.3|