FXTM continues its successful run of media tours with a brand new series of interviews in Malaysia. On October 31 andNovember 1, FXTM’s Global Head of Currency Strategy and Market Research, Jameel Ahmad, visited the region for a series of one-on-one interviews, roundtable sessions and a television interview with TV3 – one of the most watched television stations in Malaysia.
The interviews and Q&A’s focused on the local market in Malaysia, with particular focus on the Ringgit, as well as Oil, Gold and Bitcoin. They were conducted by Tier 1 media outlets from the region which included The Sun Daily, The Edge Markets and Radio Television Malaysia (RTM1)
Some of the topics discussed during the tour included:
- The Ringgit - how the Malaysian currency can benefit from external factors, the impact of global economies and political policies - particularly from the U.S.
- Oil - how oil prices can recover in 2018, what actions OPEC took to help oil prices recover, and how the MYR can benefit from the oil price recovery.
- The Japanese Yen – How ongoing political risk has impacted the Yen in 2017.
- Bitcoin – how to measure Bitcoin’s worth against traditional currencies and the regulation surrounding it across the globe.
- How local politics may affect the Ringgit.
- General market outlook for the MYR and which factors may affect the economy.