On Tuesday, 7 November and Wednesday, 8 November, 2017, FXTM Research Analyst Lukman Otunuga met with Tier 1 local and regional media in Jakarta, Indonesia for an in-depth series of interviews.
The interviews and Q&A’s focused on a mix of local, regional and international market topics, and contributed to FXTM’s ongoing commitment to provide information and market insights tailored to the needs of our traders in each region. The financial outlets participating in the tour included print media titles, Bloomberg Business Week, Koran Jakarta and Bisnis Indonesia, as well as online outlets like Jawapos.com, Merdeka.com and Kompas.com.
Some of the topics discussed during the tour included:
- Growth of the Indonesian economy.
- President Jokowi’s 16th economic package.
- China’s economic policies and how they may impact Indonesia.
- The current state of the international currency market.
- Trump’s policies and the recent appointment of Jerome Powell as chair of the Federal Reserve.
- Geopolitical risks caused by US tensions with North Korea and Iran.
- Brexit and OPEC issues, and how they continue to impact the international market.
The tour was a huge success, with Mr. Otunuga mastering all of the questions presented to him – including sensitive subjects such as the Paradise Papers scandal. Mr. Otunuga also provided a Q1 outlook for 2018 specifically for the domestic market in Indonesia.