FX Central Clearing Ltd is a leading financial services company regulated by CySec (Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission, License Number: 121/10) under the Investment Services and Activities and Regulated Markets Law of 2007 (Law 144(I)/2007) and is subject to CySEC rules. Funds held on behalf of our clients are fully secured by:
Client Fund Segregation
All client funds are held in segregated accounts, totally separate from any and all FXCC corporate accounts. Our External Auditors are Deloitte, one of the world's leading financial auditors.
Investor Compensation Fund
FXCC is a member of the Investor Compensation Fund (ICF). The full terms can be found here
Solid Regulatory Framework
FXCC is regulated by CySec in Cyprus, is on the FCA Register in the UK and carries the MiFID passport for financial services firms within the European Union.
Investor compensation fund
General Outline of the Investor Compensation Fund
FX Central Clearing Ltd. (License No. CIF 121/10) is a member of the Investor Compensation Fund (ICF), set up by the Central Bank of Cyprus and the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySec) for clients of Cyprus Investment Firms (CIFs).
The Investor Compensation Fund was established to secure the claims of covered clients against a CIF through the payment of compensation in the event that the CIF in question was unable to:
- return to covered Clients funds owed to them or funds which belong to them but are held by the CIF in the context of providing investment services to the said Clients or
- hand over to covered Clients financial instruments which belong to them and which the CIF concerned holds, manages or keeps on their account.
Membership of the ICF ensures that clients of FXCC can claim compensation in the event that FXCC is unable to compensate its clients for a claim.
This provides FXCC clients with an extra measure of insurance for their funds.
The ICF does not cover Institutional or Professional investors but only retail Clients of FXCC.
Under the Rules and Regulations of the ICF, the total payable compensation to each covered Client may not exceed €20.000, irrespective of the number of accounts held, currency and place of offering the investment service.
Non-Covered Clients2.1 Under applicable Regulations the Fund does not compensate the following:
The following categories of institutional and professional investors:
- Investment Firms (IFs).
- Legal entities associated with the FXCC and, in general, belonging to the same group of companies.
- Cooperative credit institutions.
- Insurance companies.
- Collective investment organizations in transferable securities and their management companies.
- Social insurance institutions and funds.
- Investors characterized by the FXCC as professionals, upon their request, in accordance with articles 14 and 15 of the Code of Professional Conduct of IFs.