FXTM’s Global Head of Currency Strategy and Market Research Jameel Ahmad travelled to South Africa last month for another triumphant media tour. Over his time in the country, his expert market insights were sought by South African media giants including Business Day TV, CGTN Business, eNCA and SABC TV, as well as popular radio stations such as Metro FM, Classic FMand SAfm.
Mr. Ahmad’s unparalleled market knowledge was broadcast to over 10 million viewers in 9 different countries across southern Africa, in a series of fascinating one-on-one interviews. These engaging discussions covered a wide range of financial current affairs, focusing on global economic growth and ongoing geopolitical tensions, amongst others.
Key topics discussed during the tour included:
- Global markets – the positive trend in global growth in the opening quarter of 2018
- US global relations – the geopolitical tension resulting from the US-China, US-Russia, US-North Korea, US-Iran relations
- The South African Rand – the recent weakening of the rand and revised growth outlooks in the face of structural issues
- USD – the move in US treasury yields and the federal reserve interest rate expectations
- The European economy – the European Central Bank’s monetary policy message and EU interest rates