With growing numbers of people choosing to self-isolate to hamper the spread of COVID-19, demand for streaming services is on the rise, with people turning to Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus and more for entertainment as they wait out the pandemic.
When demand for a service is high, often that can be reflected in demand for its stock, and growing stock prices. The good news is that you can trade and invest in all of these stocks and more with Admiral Markets!
Just some of the digital streaming shares and share CFDs you can trade with Admiral Markets include:
- Netflix - Netflix (#NFLX) is the world's go-to streaming service, serving up thousands of popular films and television shows along with an increasing catalogue of Netflix originals. While the company's stock dropped from all-time highs of $393 on March 3 to $290 on March 17, it is already making a good recovery, approaching $350 on March 20.
- Amazon Prime video - Like Netflix, Amazon Prime video releases original content along with buying the rights to existing content, the main differentiating factor of this streaming service is that it comes for free with any subscription to Amazon Prime. On top of that, parent company Amazon's (#AMZN) shares has had one of the most meteoric rises in the past decade, beginning 2010 at $136 per share, and currently sitting at about $1,800 per share.
- Disney+ - Owned by parent company Disney (#DIS), Disney+ includes family-friendly content from Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar and National Geographic. Disney's stock is now trading at three-year lows, with coronavirus holding back Disney+'s expansion to India, with some investors arguing that this makes it the perfect time to go long.
- YouTube TV - YouTube TV is currently available in the US with about 60 channels on offer, and is said to be one of the best live streaming services available. Plus, parent company Alphabet's (#GOOG) shares are trading at their lowest levels since 2018, having dropped to around $1,000 a share after thor $1,538 high.
- Apple TV Plus - Finally, Apple TV is available free to anyone with an iPhone, iPad or Apple TV, while the premium Apple TV Plus is available for just $4.99 a month. Like many other companies at the moment, Apple (#AAPL) is also trading at a recent low of $222 a share, meaning that it might be a good opportunity to buy at a discount.