CFDs on spot commodities are a great way to participate in the commodity markets and a perfect trading solution because of their low or negative correlations and high potential returns. Combined with IronFX’s advantageous trading environment, this asset class can bring exceptional opportunities and boost the variability of our clients' trading strategies. You can buy and sell CFDs on spot commodities with best-of-market spreads and spot execution without having additional foreign exchange exposure.
Our state-of-the-art MetaTrader 4 online trading platform, available on multiple devices, allows traders to invest on spot commodities without requotes, fast and efficiently.
You can enter the world of trading with confidence and gain immediate access to over 300 trading instruments from 6 asset classes available on one single platform. You can trade with the tightest spreads, best pricing and execution while having access to world class market analysis and research, provided daily by a professional team of market analysts.
Why Trade Commodities?
- Commodities are ideal for trading via contracts for difference. You can trade CFDs on popular spot commodities such as crude oil, sugar or coffee with higher leverage. Here, traders can use less capital and gain greater exposure to the underlying instrument.The required margin can be approximately 5–10% of the total value of the contract. This is much lower than the average margin of other asset classes.
- Deep liquidity and the absence of influence by high inflation make this asset class worthwhile for both beginners and professional traders.
- Trading CFDs on commodities is also a great way to diversify your portfolio and hedge against risks.
- One of the most popular commodity contracts is the Oil CFDs. Since oil is consider an indicator of global economic health, investors speculate on its price, as it usually goes up when the economy is growing.
- The majority of the commodity markets are open on almost a 24-hour basis, which are also the hours that CFDs are normally trading.
- CFDs on commodities offer a low-cost entry, meaning that more traders than previously possible can now trade commodities.
- Trade Commodities CFDs, and benefit from trading with tight spreads and the lowest commissions.