Financial spread betting is a premier way for residents of the U.K. to engage the capital markets. Spread bettors enjoy tax-free proceeds and the opportunity to profit from rising or falling markets - all without having to assume ownership of any assets. In addition, spread bets are traded commission-free and with leverage. If you're interested in trading forex currency pairs, commodities, shares and indices, then spread betting with FXCM is certainly worth a look.
Why Spread Bet?
- Tax free. If you are a resident of the U.K., you have the opportunity to spread bet free of capital gains tax and stamp duty.1
- Access to leverage. Applied leverage varies according to the underlying asset being traded. Standard leverage limits fall within the range of 2:1 and 30:1.2 However, please remember that trading with leverage can dramatically amplify your losses.
- Multi-asset platform. You can engage in spread betting with the forex, commodities, shares and indices via FXCM's collection of award-winning trading platforms on desktop, web, or mobile applications.
- Spread bet rising or falling markets. Spread betting is flexible, allowing you to take advantage of both rising and falling markets.
Please remember, trading carries a high risk of losing money due to leverage.
When you spread bet with FXCM, you enjoy:
- Multiple platforms and mobile apps
- Smaller bet sizes (from 7p a point)
- Award-winning customer support
With spread betting, spreads include a mark-up, but there are no commissions to pay—all trading costs are built into the spread. CFD-trading accounts are charged commissions.
This, in addition to the tax advantage, is why many UK residents choose to spread bet instead of trading CFDs.