We have noticed a recent spike in fraudulent activity targeted at our customers. The most recent one occured in Nigeria. New scamming schemes appear every day, and to help you stay safe from it, we've prepared a security checklist. It will allow you to spot scammers and make your trading safer.
Your security checklist:
- All your payments with us must be processed through your Personal Area on our official website or in the OctaFX Trading App and the OctaFX Copytrading App. If someone asks you to send payments through other means or channels, like messenger apps or personal transfers, this is most likely a scam. Don’t hesitate to report such person to authorities or our Customer Support.
- Use our domain-checker extension for Google Chrome. It shows you the list of all our official local pages. If the domain name is different, this is a fraudulent website, or someone is using our intellectual property illegally.
- When you see an OctaFX logo online, double-check the domain name. Always assume that fraudsters will be using some version of the OctaFX brand name on their website to try and trick you.
- Keep your personal information secure and never share it with any person. If anyone writes to you asking for your account details, that is most likely a scam attempt. All your data is secure with us until it is within your personal account.
- Be careful when on social media. Here are the official links to our social media accounts and homepage: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and the OctaFX website. Unfortunately, multiple copycats appear daily, so your vigilance is the first step to your security. On our side, we′re doing everything we can to take legal action against any impostors, clones and scammers.
- Stay vigilant when engaging with Telegram and Facebook groups who claim to represent OctaFX.
If you have any suspicions concerning the legitimacy of the OctaFX website or app, please write to us directly, and we will help you establish whether the source is affiliated with us. Together we can make your investment and trading journey much safer.