2022 was a year of unprecedented changes and struggles in the financial markets. For us at OctaFX, it was a year full of hard work that helped achieve several important milestones and make investing more accessible for many people around the world. Here’s what 2022 was all about.
- OctaTrader released (December). Towards the end of the year, we released our own trading platform - OctaTrader. The platform aims to provide you with a clearer view of the market, help decrease possible risks, and streamline your decision-making process. Apart from that, OctaTrader is seamlessly integrated with our other apps and web services.
- 150 stocks added (October). In October 2022, we added a total of 150 stocks listed on 16 exchanges around the world to our 80 CFD instruments. The list of stocks included some of the most notable names, such as Airbus, Amazon, Apple, BMW, Tesla, as well as other major companies from Australia, Europe, Japan, Singapore, the U.K., and the U.S.
- Best Global Broker Asia 2022 (September). Another important accolade of 2022 was the title of Best Global Broker Asia from International Business Magazine, a Dubai-based financial publication. The Magazine decided to honour us with the award for ‘delivering the top of the line services to investing clients and partners, the most promising investment products, and its impressive figures of 12 million trading accounts throughout 150 countries—all of which are a testament to its reliability.’
- Rebranding and 11th anniversary (July). 11 years of providing brokerage services marked an important milestone for us. For the first time ever, we decided to hold a visual rebranding, adopting a fresh new look: with refined colours, space-inspired elements, and a new logo.
- Swaps removed (June). Charged every day, swaps—fees traders pay for leaving their orders open overnight—tend to accumulate and make trading less profitable. We were able to lift this financial burden off of you by optimising our work processes.
- Best Mobile Trading Platform award (June). One of the major awards this year, the Best Mobile Trading Platform from the international Forex news portal fxdailyinfo.com deserved a special place in our trophy case. The winners in 27 nominations of the Forex Brokers Award 2022 were determined by public voting that reflected the views of the global trading community.
- 25 new crypto instruments (March). We decided to add 25 new cryptocurrency instruments to provide you with more opportunities to diversify your portfolios and profit from the highly volatile nature of the crypto market.
- Crypto trading seven days a week (February). Early in the year, we made cryptocurrency trading available on the weekends. While most banks and platforms work only from Monday to Friday, the opportunity for non-stop trading will enable those who don't usually have time to act on weekdays to open orders and potentially profit on the weekend.
- Commitment to education. Throughout 2022, our financial experts held more than 700 webinars and workshops in 6 languages, while our YouTube channel grew to over 980,000 subscribers. For us, commitment to education means commitment to your goals, which is essential to building long-term, robust financial relationships.
- Helping local communities overcome global challenges. Corporate social responsibility always remains among our most cherished values. In 2022, our seventeen charitable initiatives included emergency response projects that helped almost 2,000 people overcome the devastating effects of the flood in Pakistan and the earthquake in Indonesia. Other projects were mostly centred around education, aiding 50 schools and organisations, and more than 4,000 students of all ages in India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, and Pakistan.
Our vision for 2023
2022 was a year full of efficient work and impressive achievements. Some of its brightest developments are set to continue in the upcoming year. We will resume work on OctaTrader and start operating in several new regions.