On April 1, 2023, the MetaTrader 4 platform will transition to a new, more convenient and transparent bonus accounting system similar to that used in the MetaTrader 5 platform. Main advantages of the new bonus accounting system: The bonus will be displayed as “Credit”, not as “Balance” as before. This way, you can always see the exact amount of bonuses in your trading account. The bonus funds will be included in the “Equity” field and can be used in a drawdown.
If you withdraw most of your funds from the trading account, the bonus can be written off only partially. Earlier, if such a withdrawal was made, the bonus was canceled entirely.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How is the transition to a new bonus accounting system made? When transitioning to a new bonus accounting system, bonus funds will be first deducted from your MetaTrader 4 trading account balance. After that, these bonus funds will be added to the “Credit” line.
- Will the transition to the new MT4 bonus accounting system affect my open positions? No, it won’t.
- What happens if I only have bonus funds in my MetaTrader 4 account? In this case, the bonus funds will not be transferred to the “Credit” line, but they will still be available for trading. If you fund your trading account, we will be able to transfer the bonus to a new system.
- What if I have open positions on my account? Will they be forcibly closed when the bonus is deducted from the account and before it's transferred to a new accounting system? The transition to the new bonus accounting system will be made during the weekend when the markets are closed, so your positions won’t be forcibly closed due to insufficient free margin. The exception is open positions on cryptocurrency pairs. If you don’t have enough free funds to keep them open, these positions will be closed and then reopened by the company.
- My account is connected to cashback. Where will it be displayed? Cashback will be displayed in the “Credit” field and will also be included in the “Equity”, like in MetaTrader 5.
- When can the bonus be partially deducted from a trading account? If the share of bonus funds after the withdrawal is more than 20% of Equity, the bonus will be partially written off. The amount of partial deduction is calculated by the formula: (Bonus funds/Equity after withdrawal*100 – 20%) / 100 * Equity after withdrawal. A client has $5,000 of his own funds (“Balance” field), $1,000 in bonus funds (displayed as “Credit”), and an open position with a floating loss of $300 in his trading account. The account Equity is $5,700. The client withdraws $1,500. The Balance will amount to $3,500, Bonus funds – $1,000, and Equity – $4,200. After the withdrawal, the share of bonus funds will be 1000 / 4,200 * 100 = 23.81%, which is more than 20%. In this case, the bonus in the amount of 3.81% of Equity (23.81% – 20%) will be partially deducted: 3.81 / 100 * 4,200= $160.02.
- Will my bonus be canceled if I withdraw funds from my trading account? Withdrawal of funds can be accompanied by partial deduction of bonus funds in accordance with the following rules: bonus will be written off in full if the share of bonus funds after the withdrawal is more than 90% of the account Equity. bonus will be partially written off if the share of bonus funds after the withdrawal is more than 20% of the account Equity. bonus will not be written off if the share of bonus funds after the withdrawal is less than 20% of the account Equity.