Trends of the current week are undoubtedly oil events:
- OPEC + is mobilizing: the OPEC + meeting should be held on April 9. However, there are some disagreements that may delay this meeting for at least 1 day.
- According to Bloomberg, oil diplomats are trying their best to convene a meeting of G20 energy ministers on April 10 to attract the United States to an agreement on oil.
- The transfer of negotiations on the oil market from the OPEC+ format to the G20 will not only be a political victory for Russia, and indeed Saudi Arabia (the degree of independence of the kingdom from the United States will increase). This will be a practical step towards multipolarity.
- A sharp decrease in the number of cases: After a sharp take-off the day before (more than 100K new cases per day), today there is an equally sharp decrease in this indicator (about 70K), in almost all countries. Total: 1,278,993 / 69,723
- The new wave of QE from the US Federal Reserve for the Central Bank of the world (launch of a temporary repo mechanism for foreign central banks).
- UK Construction #PMI.
- RBA Interest Rate Decision.
- EU Coronavirus Emergency Ministerial Meeting.
- Canada Ivey #PMI.
- US Crude Oil Reserves;
- US Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) Meeting Minutes.
- OPEC meeting + (+ USA).
- ECB Publishes Account of Monetary Policy Meeting;
- PPI US Producer Price Index.
- Good Friday: day off in the UK, France, Germany and other countries, US markets are closed.