Forex traders operate in one of the world’s largest and most volatile financial markets. A daily trading volume of US$6.6 trillion makes the forex market the most traded market globally. Around-the-clock trading, 5 days a week, across several time zones, elevates the risk for volatility when sessions overlap. Market unpredictability, time-sensitive trades, the demand for the encryption of sensitive data and heightened security, have seen traders worldwide turn to VPS.
What is VPS?
VPS stands for Virtual Private Server. It’s a virtual private space on a server with the ability to host multiple accounts. VPS has its own operating system, applications, and customised configurations. Using virtualisation technology, servers are sub-divided (spliced), each one acting as a separate server, and assigned to different users. VPS hosting allows traders to trade quickly and securely on different platforms (like MetaTrader 4) anytime and from anywhere. What’s more, it’s an isolated environment providing security, flexibility, scalability, and reliability, making it all the more appealing to traders. Popular VPS are Windows are Linux.
Key advantages of VPS hosting for forex trading
This powerful and secure hosting solution offers many benefits to forex traders.
- For one, traders can trade on multiple platforms from anywhere in the world provided they have an internet connection. This means traders can take advantage of all trading opportunities across different time zones, regardless of location.
- VPS hosting is secure, with data encryption technologies to protect your computer from unauthorised access. This makes VPS incredibly attractive to forex traders.
- VPS offers an optimal trading environment with uninterrupted trading. Running 24/7 means trades can be executed any time of day, even if your computer is switched off.
- The VPS is customisable based on a trader’s software and hardware of choice. This allows for the creation of multiple environments to trade forex. Forex trading environments can usually be created in a matter of minutes by installing software like MT4 on your VPS. If one environment becomes unstable for any reason, the trader can switch to another quickly and easily.
- VPS hosting typically provides low latency and quick trade execution speeds. Latency refers to the speed at which trades are executed. In forex trading, latency is measured in milliseconds. If one considers how active the forex market is, however, even milliseconds count. Minimal latency is therefore incredibly important for forex traders looking to quickly secure a price before the market moves. It ultimately ensures that their trades are executed faster.
VPS and MetaTrader 4
The MetaTrader 4 platform is one of the world’s most popular currency trading platforms. It appeals to millions of forex traders across the globe for its cutting-edge trading and analytical technologies. Developed by MetaQuotes in 2005, MT4 is today renowned for the way it has elevated the forex trading experience. It has practically everything a forex trader needs, regardless of skills or expertise.
IronFX’s Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting is popular for many reasons:
- Traders can benefit from shared and dedicated hosting services, with access to advanced trading conditions. This includes quick connectivity and exceptional stability.
- Hedging against network downtime enables traders to trade forex CFDs whenever they want. The stability, accuracy and speed required for successful trading boost the overall experience.
- IronFX provides traders with a VPS to connect to the MT4 platform from anywhere in the world. Provided the trader has an internet connection, this level of mobility provides countless trading opportunities wherever they are.
- Using the Microsoft Windows Server platform, a trader can install IronFX’s VPS hosting. Doing this will permit the parallel processing of Expert Advisor orders and the trader’s trading selections to be executed simultaneously.
More on MT4
The MT4 platform is a powerful system that supports the implementation of different complex trading strategies. It does this through advanced trading tools like:
- interactive charts
- technical indicators
- advanced analytics functions (strong MT4 technical analysis tools)
- trading signals
- copy trading
- algorithmic trading
- MetaTrader market (widest selection of trading applications, purchase or rental of 1700+ Expert Advisors (trading robots) or 2100+ technical indicators, etc)
- trading via the web
- mobile trading