Get a competitive edge in the market by trading CFDs on gold, silver, palladium or platinum. Precious metals are a useful way to diversify a portfolio and hedge against inflation. Metals are popular trading instruments that can be traded on the London Metal Exchange (LME), the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) and the Shanghai Gold Exchange. Gold is the most popular metal offering high liquidity and trading CFDs allows significant leverage and measured risk.
Why Trade Metals?
- Short or Long Positions. With T4Trade, you can take a short or long position on the price of metals and buy and sell CFDs on gold and silver with competitive spreads.
- Risk-Free Demo Account. You can practise your trading strategies and trade gold and silver by opening a risk-free demo account. Benefit from fast execution and no requotes with our MetaTrader 4 online trading platform.
- Competitive Spreads. Keep your costs down with spreads from 0.30 pips.
- Diversification. A diversified portfolio with different precious metals means less volatility and more stability. Gold is the most popular because it is considered a safe-haven asset to hedge against currency devaluation or high inflation. On the other hand, silver has been used to hedge against currency market volatility.
- High Liquidity. The high liquidity of metals makes it appealing to traders. The most liquid precious metal is gold as it experiences the highest level of trading volume.
What Affects the Price of Metals?
Factors that affect the price of precious metals include supply and demand, economic uncertainty, interest rates, and the strength of the dollar.
- Supply and demand. A shortage of precious metals, or an increased demand, makes them more valuable.
- Economic uncertainty. During economic uncertainty, precious metals are considered safe havens due to their lasting value.
- Strength of the dollar. Precious metals are dollar-denominated. This means that when the dollar falls it may push the price of precious metals higher.
Trade metals on a leading trading platform
- MetaTrader 4. Trade CFDs on gold, silver, palladium or platinum on the MetaTrader 4 platform.
- WebTrader. WebTrader is a 100% web-based platform that provides full functionality via a user-friendly interface.